Riley’s Spice of Life Brisket RecipeSeptember 28, 2016
Crockpot Salsa ChickenDecember 28, 2016
Cream of Wild Rice Chicken Soup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 8 cups fat-free or regular chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked long grain and wild rice blend
- 6 ounces cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon of salsa seasoning
- 1 cup fat-free or regular evaporated milk
- Melt margarine and sauté onion, carrot and celery in a large saucepan until tender.
- Add flour and stir until blended.
- Stir chicken broth in gradually.
- Add rice, chicken, salsa seasoning.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook and stir for approximately 2 minutes or until soup thickens.
- Stir in evaporated milk.
- Cook for five more minutes or until soup is heated through.