Apple Stuffed Pork ShoulderSeptember 22, 2016
Riley’s TacosSeptember 22, 2016
Meatball on a Stick
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- ½ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 scoop of your favorite dried salsa seasoning (Riley's Spice of Life
- 1 can Pillsbury Original breadsticks
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 (10"-12") wooden skewers
- Marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine ground turkey, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, Oregano, Basil, Parsley, red pepper flakes and garlic. Form into 1-inch meatballs.
- Open can of breadsticks and starting with one breadstick at a time thread dough then meatball. Repeat the process with 2 more meatballs alternating dough-meatball, ending with dough. Make sure to spread dough and meatballs away from each other by about ¼", so the meatballs bake through and the dough has room to expand.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle each skewer with 1-2 Tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese. Place back in the oven for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately with warm marinara sauce for dipping.
Serving size: 12