Apple Stuffed Pork Shoulder
Author: Riley’s Spice
- 1 (8-12 lb.) pork shoulder, boned with a pocket cut in
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 med. sized onion, chopped
- 2 cup chopped apples
- 1 scoop of your favorite dried Riley’s salsa seasoning
- 2½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup boiling water
- Wipe the prepared shoulder with a damp cloth and coat with olive oil.
- Season with half the salsa seasoning inside and out.
- For the dressing, heat the butter and cook the onion until tender, add the rest of salsa seasonings, fold in bread crumbs and apples.
- Stir in the boiling water.
- Fill the pocket with dressing; fasten with skewers laced with twine.
- Place the shoulder on rack in open roasting pan.
- Roast, at 350 degrees, allowing 40 minutes per pound.