Crockpot Salsa Chicken
Author: Riley’s Spice
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- 1 cup packed brown sugar…
- ⅔ cup vinegar (can use apple cider vinegar)
- ¼ cup lemon-lime soda (diet or regular)
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons of your favorite Riley’s Spice of Life seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken (frozen, thawed or fresh) inside slow cooker.
- Mix together brown sugar, vinegar, soda, salsa seasoning, soy sauce together.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Take chicken pieces out of slow cooker (mine basically fell apart) and pour remaining sauce into saucepan.
- Place saucepan over high heat. Mix together corn starch and water, pour into saucepan, and mix well.
- Let sauce come to a boil and boil for 2-3 minutes, or until it starts to thicken and turns into a glaze.
- Remove from heat and let sit for a minute or two (it will continue to thicken as it cools down).
- This can be served over rice or noodles.