Riley’s Spice of Life Brisket Recipe
Author: Riley’s Spice
- Brisket: Any size, but the smaller ones are easier to cut and less fatty.
- (6 to 10 pounds from Sam’s Club)
- Marinade: (1 bottle of your favorite)
- Dry rub: (Sweet Texas rub can be ordered through Rileyspice.com
- 1 bottle of Beer. (Plus 12oz of water)
- 1 bottle of Apple juice (12 ounces)
- Liquid smoke: 2 Tbs. (Hickory)
- Secret sauce see recipe below. You can sub your favorite BBQ sauce for this.
- Marinade brisket 24 hrs. You can use any flavor of marinade you like, but use 1 Tbs.
- of liquid smoke with it. The beer and apple juice works good for the marinade.
- Remove from marinate. Place on cookie sheet and slather with brown mustard. Add the Texas Hickory dry rub generously to both sides. (Or your favorite rub)
- Place the brisket fat side up in the baking pan. This allows the fat to cook down through the meat giving it great flavor. (I use a turkey roaster) The brisket at Sam’s Club has about ½ inch of fat. You do not want more the ½ of fat.
- Add 12 ounces of dark beer and apple juice to the pan. (You can use the marinade) Add a cup of water. (12 oz.) Add a Tsp. of liquid smoke to the pan.
- Cook Brisket for 12 hours on 200 to 225 degrees. (About 1 hour per pound on 200 degrees) Forget it about it. You do not need to check on it until it’s cooked for 12 hours. Opening the oven prolongs the cooking time.
- After cooking for 12 hours put brisket in fridge for 4 hours or overnight after cooling. After cooling, the brisket is ready to slice.
- By cooling it, the brisket slices very easily. Remember to cut across the grain of the meat. This meat will be very tender, so make sure you knife is sharp! Add your sauce to each slice! (see recipe below for sauce) Spread slices apart and add sauce between them!
- After slicing and adding sauce, place back in oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. You can add some extra rub at this time. This allows the sauce to brown a little and to cook into a solid type coating called the “bark”. The same process can be performed on the BBQ grill or smoker and this method can add a little more flavor. Brisket is ready to eat as soon as it’s warmed up!
- Secret Texas Brisket Sauce recipe:
- The secret sauce is butter, real coke a cola in the bottle and brown sugar. Heat all 3 in a pan to make a thick sauce that can be poured between each slice and the top of brisket. Bake in oven or put on BBQ at about 350 degrees for 30 minutes! ENJOY