Author: Riley’s Spice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 lbs. ground beef
- 1 scoops of your favorite salsa seasoning
- 18 hard taco shells
- ½ lbs. Cheddar-Jack cheese, grated
- 6 Roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ head green leaf lettuce, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- For the beef:
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and onions.
- Cook until starting to soften, then add the ground beef.
- Cook the meat until it’s totally browned, then drain the fat.
- Add salsa seasoning and stir to combine.
- Add ½ cup hot water and stir.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- For the fixins:
- Meanwhile, wrap the taco shells in foil and warm in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve with the grated cheese, diced tomatoes and shredded lettuce.