Author: Riley’s Spice
- 2 pounds premium ground beef (80 percent lean and 20 percent fat)
- 1 tablespoon good Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil, plus extra for brushing the grill
- 2 scoops of your favorite salsa seasoning
- 6 ounces grated Gruyere
- 12 small Brioche buns
- 4 ounces baby arugula
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced in ⅛-inch-thick rounds
- 2 small red onions, sliced in ⅛-inch-thick rounds
- Ketchup, for serving
- Build a charcoal fire or heat a gas grill.
- Place the ground beef in a large bowl and add the mustard, olive oil, salsa seasoning.
- Mix gently with a fork to combine, taking care not to compress the ingredients.
- Shape the meat into 12 (2-inch) patties of equal size and thickness.
- When the grill is medium-hot, brush the grill grate with oil to keep the sliders from sticking. Place the sliders on the grill and cook for 4 minutes.
- Turn the sliders over with a spatula and cook for another 4 to 6 minutes, until medium-rare, or cook longer if you prefer the sliders more well done.
- For the last 2 minutes of cooking time, place ½-ounce Gruyere on the top of each burger and close the grill lid.
- Remove the sliders to a platter and cover with foil.
- Slice the buns in half crosswise and toast the halves cut-side down on the grill.
- Divide the baby arugula among the 12 bottom buns, top each with a slider, and finish with a slice of tomato and red onion.
- Cover with the top of the bun and serve hot with ketchup.