Author: Riley’s Spice
Recipe type: Vegetable
Roasted vegetables with a kick
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 small Chinese Eggplant
- ½ cup Mushrooms
- 1 medium red potato (optional)
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 tsp. dried thyme to taste
- 1 tbsp of your favorite Riley’s Spice dried salsa seasoning
- 1 cup of your favorite shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Finely dice the onion and mince the garlic. Sauté both in a skillet with olive oil until softened (about five minutes).
- While the onion and garlic are sauteing, thinly slice the rest of the vegetables.
- Spray the inside of an 8×8 square or round baking dish with non-stick spray. Spread the softened onion and garlic in the bottom of the dish. Place the thinly sliced vegetables in the baking dish vertically, in an alternating pattern. Sprinkle generously with salsa seasoning, and thyme.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, top with cheese and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.